- Preheat the oven to boxed cake mix instructions and prepare a 9x13 cake pan by spraying it with cooking spray. Line the cake pan with 8 ounces (2 packages) of whole Myna Midnight Mini Cookies.
- Make Myna cookie batter by finely crushing 3 ounces (¾ package) cookies in a resealable bag with a rolling pin. In a small bowl stir finely crushed cookies with milk and sweetened condensed milk until evenly distributed. Set aside.
- Mix boxed gluten free yellow or sponge cake mix to package instructions and pour over top of cookie lined cake pan. Use a rubber spatula to gently spread the batter to the edges, being careful not to move the cookies around too much.
- Dollop the Midnight Myna cookie batter over the gluten free cake batter about 3 inches apart. Use a knife or skewer to swirl around each dollop into the batter and make a marbled design. Bake the cake to package instructions, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the cake pan to a rack to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, cinnamon stick, and cloves to simmer for about 3 minutes, then allow to steep for 10 minutes. Discard cinnamon sticks and cloves and cool for 15 minutes.
- Using a fork, poke holes into the cake at ½ inch intervals. Pour the three milk’s mixture over top of the cake. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Top cake with thawed frozen whipped topping and garnish with remaining ground cinnamon and crushed Myna Midnight Mini Cookies.
Myna Midnight Cookie Tres Leches
|4 hours or overnight
|12 oz (3 packages)
|Myna Midnight Mini Cookies, divided
|sweetened condensed milk, from can for milk mixture
|22 oz box
|gluten free yellow or sponge cake mix*
|heavy whipping cream
|1 (12 oz) can
|1 (14 oz) can
|sweetened condensed milk
|ground cinnamon, divided
|thawed frozen whipped cream topping
*most gluten free cake mix requires eggs, softened butter, oil, and an electric hand mixer *read box instructions before shopping or beginning to bake